Sunday 10 August 2014

It's been a while

Hi!!

It's been a while hasn't it! Things got so hectic around here that I just didn't have time to blog, but now I'm back, and I'm hopeful that I will have more time, and inclination, to keep you updated (wishful thinking!?!?)

So a little update on us, we are just starting on our journey of home education, in a "normal" world DeeDee would have been starting school in September, however our world is far from normal, when Dee was six days old she suffered her first respiratory arrest, at nine days old she was diagnosed with an inoperable brain stem tumour, the likes of which the medical professionals involved had never seen, leading them, after discussing her worldwide, to class her case as "palliative" we were told that she wouldn't make her first birthday, that she wouldn't walk, talk, would never eat orally along with a host of other issues. Dee has gone on to defy all expectations but make no mistake her life is fucking tough (I swear lots, I should have told you that before......people of a sensitive nature look away now, seriously don't read any more it will offend you!) she requires resuscitation daily, she has behavioural issues caused by the location of "The Thing In Her Head". We live each day as if it were her last as we never know when that will come, see each respiratory arrest could kill her, the pressure it puts on her little body is immense so we try to make sure each day is filled with laughter, love and memories.

This blog is a chance for me to keep a note of our journey in life, home education etc and for you to follow us.

I think I have bored you, and myself, enough for now I promise I will try harder to blog daily/weekly

Eni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment